Greetings lovers and friends,
Let's continue on our path of relationship manifestos. This is help re-shape your life for better and more successful relationships. One of the books that I read and want to recommend to you is called 50 Ways to Create Great Relationships by Steven. The author speaks about ways we can build our relationships and have meaningful interactions by stop focusing on taking and what we can get but rather what we can give to others. This is the idea that I want to bring to the forefront of your mind as I speak about these manifestos. It isn't just about jumping from one relationship to another but rather learning about yourself and how you can improve the lives of those around you and make a meaningful impact each day. So let's continue writing these goals and resolutions and see how many of them we can achiever. Remember I'm not telling you to take on all at once but I rather adhere to the idea of choosing 1 or 2 and utilize them as the resounding theme for the year 2o13. Rome wasn't built in a day so you can't expect to do it all at once.
Let's continue on our path of relationship manifestos. This is help re-shape your life for better and more successful relationships. One of the books that I read and want to recommend to you is called 50 Ways to Create Great Relationships by Steven. The author speaks about ways we can build our relationships and have meaningful interactions by stop focusing on taking and what we can get but rather what we can give to others. This is the idea that I want to bring to the forefront of your mind as I speak about these manifestos. It isn't just about jumping from one relationship to another but rather learning about yourself and how you can improve the lives of those around you and make a meaningful impact each day. So let's continue writing these goals and resolutions and see how many of them we can achiever. Remember I'm not telling you to take on all at once but I rather adhere to the idea of choosing 1 or 2 and utilize them as the resounding theme for the year 2o13. Rome wasn't built in a day so you can't expect to do it all at once.
Back to our manifesto and resolutions.
6. Figure out what you want
Before you can enter into any relationship it's good to have an idea of what it is you want from a relationship, NOT THE PERSON. Think about how you want your relationship to be. Create an exciting vision of the future, with images of a happy and successful relationship. Now think about what you can do and how you can accomplish this dream. It's important that we not only find the person we want in our lives but to also be the person they need. A relationship works both ways and when we stop focusing on only what we can get but also what we can give.
Remember date around, be rational, ask questions and truly listen to the answers. Only then can you truly find out what the person is about and if they are a right fit for you.
7. Get rid of emotional baggage
This is one of the best times to clean out your emotional closet and donate all the leftovers to the dump. Kick that heartache to the curve. Tell those toxic persons in your life Adios motherf***ers or a simple see ya later will do. Hit ignore to those exes who seem to want to play you like a video game and even though they won't commit seem to always appear when you're moving on with your life or not thinking about them any more. I'm convinced they can sense these things. Note: I'm not saying to get rid of all your exes if you guys have a decent relationship then who am I to tell you different because I talk to some of my exes with no problem (I actually talk to all except #3 and boy is he a story..........) but if this person is a toxic presence in your life then you need to cut them loose. I'm just saying you can't make it afloat if the anchor is still holding you down under. Say deuces and move on.
8. Let the past stay there!!!!
This is it! This is the year you really do it! This is the year you really and truly put the past behind you. I know this can be a little daunting, the whole idea of letting go of things that seem to be a constant presence in your mind. Trust me I know. But listen to what I just said..... It's all in your mind. Your mind can make or break you. When you let go of the past it's a letter of emancipation and declaration that I am fabulous no matter what and no matter who says otherwise. I can forgive all those who have disappointed me in the past and still have an amazing future. Forgive your mistakes, make ammends with yourself, let it go and be free.
9. Get some standards but hold the silly deal breakers
I was watching the Steve Harvey show the other day and there was a lady on there who claimed that after reading his book 'Act like a lady, but think like a man' (a pretty good book and a good read in my opinion) she was convinced that her requirements for a man were justified. Now this lady had a 2 page, 2 columns on each page and back and fron.t list of requirements that a man must have then she wonders why she's single. She had silly requirements like he must own a ranch and make at least $500, 000 per year now if those are deal breakers what she expect is probably only a few men meet that criterian and they've more than like been swooped up already. Now this is what I mean about silly deal breakers. If your list of requirements is over a page long and doesn't even include things like loving, considerate, kind, faithful, trustworthy, etc and I'm talking both males and females here. This is not gender exclusive. You know practical things like that, then what are you doing? Let's get beyond the superficial and look for qualities that will supplement and complement your own. Get this perfect person idea out of your head because hey you, guess what? You are so not perfect either. Let's be logical about all of this
10. Stop Comparing yourself to others
You are you and I am me an that's jut how it's supposed to be. Stop looking at others, their relationships, their successes and start focusing on your own. You are a wonderful, amazing person and you deserve to be loved. This should be your daily mantra. "I DESERVE TO BE LOVED. I DESERVE HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIPS' Examine your own life and use it as your romantic landscape, rather than perusing the lives of others. They can only be guides if you ask them about how they got to that point where there are but they can never be you. Don't be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself.
How have YOU grown in the past year? What have you learned? What do you hope to achieve?
Think about it.
Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
And please remember to vote for AS TOLD BY NELLA for BEST PERSONAL BLOG, BEST LIFESTLYE BLOG, AND BEST WRITING ON A BLOG!!!!!
Here's the link:
Jamaica Blog Awards
Much Love,
Nella





No comments:
Post a Comment