Hey everyone,
I hope you are having an absolutely amazing day. As many of you know As Told By Nella was nominated in the Jamaica Blog Awards in the Categories of Best Personal Blog, Best Lifestyle Blog and Best Writing on a Blog and you know what?............... I didn't win. Wa Wa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I came 7th in the Best Personal and Best Lifestyle Categories and 14th in the Best Writing on a Blog category. I must say I was a little disappointed with the results I mean I did do better last year but as my boyfriend and cheerleader (a man of many coats lol) said as he saw I was a little disappointed, I should be proud of myself. I man how many medical students do you know who constantly update a blog and especially one that has nothing to do with my fields of study nor any special skill that I seem to possess. Whereas most of my competitors have backgrounds in the arts or IT or there blogs has basically something to do with what they are pursuing as career, I simply write. Now I'm not saying anything is wrong with any of that nor am I putting any other blogger down, all I'm saying is that I'm different that's all. I just have this passion for blogging and that's why I continue to do it. I tread the line of the expected and chose to inch away towards doing what I love in all aspects of my life. I decided not to be defined by my career but to live multiple dreams at once and that's exactly what makes me truly amazing. Sometimes we need little nudges and reminders that no matter what happens in your life, when you chose to be yourself and shine forth into the world, then you have truly lived a life worth living.
Yes I am a huge goofball! Oh yeah!!!
I am truly proud of all my accomplishments, all the friends that I've made and all that I continue to make. And most of all I give thanks to my family and all those who choose to support me constantly. Because let's face it the people who remain in our lives have made a choice to be there. No one is required to stay no matter what we think and who we believe will be there forever. If they so choose, they can always exit. So for those who have remained and have been there for extended periods of time we need to remember to show them that we care, say a little thanks and be faithful in our love. I am AMAZING, I AM STRONG, I AM WORTHY OF LIVING A LIFE OF MY DREAMS, and I AM A WINNER. These words I hope to always remember despite all the roller coaster adventures in this thing we call life. That's my little confession for the week. I know it's a bit short and not on Sunday but this is a busy week and I will hopefully prepare a more thought out confession and post it on the weekend or maybe 2 on Sunday. We'll just have to see.
My Jamaipanese himself, Kirk. Awarded the Personal Achievement Award.
Now on to the awards. It was a good likkle vibes that they had there. As usual and as expected the event had began late so when I arrived after 8 to the 7 pm event (yes I was late), I was actually not too late and only 2 awards were presented before with some performances in the interlude. My biggest problem with the event was the lack of seating and the lack of warning that there would be no seating. No imagine I arrive in my sexy ass heels and cya show dem off because me couldn't even sit and rest then walk 'round and greet people as I choose. No star dem really cudda warn wi man. When I get my hotness on I want it all on and not have to cool down and pull out my car flip flops because I was not warned. *Sighs* It really limited my mingling as I'm someone who likes to be social in a comfortable environment. Towards the end of the event though, I forced myself to suck it up and meet many of the bloggers who I'd been dying to meet all year. I missed the opportunity with many but I did mange to mangle a few. Oh and congrats to all the winners. ^_^
Myself and a few bloggers. Kimroy from Kimroy Bailey (the big winner of the night nabbing the Jamaica blogger of the Year Award), April from Absolute Travel Addict, Myself and my friend and my co-blogger Keyva over at Kingstonian Heartbeat (Our lifestyle blog)
My Date for the Evening! Cute huh?
Thanks for reading. Until next time mes amis.
Much Love,
Nella





Nella .. I love your honesty .. thank you for saying i'm sure what a lot of people were thinking but was probably too afraid to say .. keep being real ...i got you an extra follower and i will follow you tomorrow ( idk what is up with Google today)
ReplyDeleteWell well you and I had a few of the same views. Just means I taught you well :P
ReplyDeleteThanks Lorrane. I just had to say it because if we don't voice our opinions then how will it ever get better? And thanks a million for following and getting me a follower too. :) Btw I love your work on Haute People. Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteHaha Alwayne! Oh yes yes you have :p Honesty is the best policy :)
ReplyDeleteReally great to meet you and I appreciate your honesty with yourself AND your outlook/attitude. It's refreshing!
ReplyDeleteGoing to medical school is no easy task, serious blogging isn't either, but I'm happy you've decided to pursue both with vigor and allow us to join in on your journey.
All the best!
An excellent blog indeed. You go honey...am mega proud of you...and yeah...we are rather cute....lol
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot April. :D It's great to be on such a journey and I just want to remind everyone that set backs and disappointments aren't the end but rather reminders that despite everything you are amazing. And trust me! Medical school and blogging is crazy work. Thank God for my organizer really.
ReplyDeleteThanks PB! You truly are a sweetheart! And good luck tomorrow! :)
ReplyDelete