About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
A fun-loving, fun-sized, fun-tastic Jamaican girl with a great love for writing, dancing, baking, photography, fashion and the world. Freelance writer, editor, organizer and literary guide. For more info contact: nellablogs25@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Google Ad On

free counters

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lonely Heart Confessions- Fresh Start

There is something about a new year that seems to incite a spark within us all. Maybe it's the idea of leaving things in the past or building on the foundations that we have built. Maybe it has to do with that little glimmer of hope that seems to percolate through us that says this year things will be different and this year all my dreams will come true. I'm usually not one to promote resolutions but I don't knock anyone who actually does. 

I've often promoted and said that there is nothing special about January 1. There is no magic fairy dust that suddenly makes you better than you were before nor is there any sudden marker of change that appears in a new year. But I think that was more of my realist side talking. And while I appreciate that side of me because it keeps me grounded, sometimes the realist starts to sound like a pessimist. It's time to move from that realm and re-introduce the dreamer within me. The person who believes that anything is possible and that dreams do come true. The person who recognizes that hard work, determination and serious positivity are the keys to true success. That it isn't about how much money you have but about what you do with the resources that you have available. 

"Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that."~ Norman Vincent Peale
I've much taken for granted all that resides around me and as a result I have not appreciated my life and recognized all the blessings that I have. It's time to introduce gratitude into my life and nurture my mind and spirit into the era of positive vibrations, focus, drive, determination and success that is awaiting my arrival. Let go little one. It's the time for the dancer to twirl, the gypsy to roam, the free-spirit, the student and the successful entrepreneur to unite as one into a powerful and enigmatic supernova that illuminates the world. I am a candle into the night and the dullest and darkest days shall not dim my light but only make my incandescent spirit shine brighter, more brilliantly and more blindingly into the eyes of those who seek to tear me down or those who try to hinder my progress in anyway.  

It's time for a Fresh Start. Let the rear view be a guide and the forefront be a will. It's time for a fresh start. In all aspects of my life. From love to academics to career to finance. From spiritual to beauty to fashion to health and everything else that lies in between. A beautiful journey is ahead of me and I anxiously take the first step out the door and towards my new future. Every day is a new opportunity to make a difference and be the best version of myself as possible.

My advice to you all is to cultivate a life that you will be proud to tell your grandchildren about. Seek out adventures and make mistakes, for they make amazing stories. Get in touch with your spiritual side. Take care of your mind and your body for they are the only ones you have. And above all, be yourself always. This is my guide for 2013. I hope this little nugget inspires you as much as I am inspired and motivated to make this the best version of my life yet. 

It's time we all lived 'La Dolce Vita'


Much Love,

Nella

No comments:

Post a Comment