Good night everyone,
Today was honestly one of those day when I was just upset at a lot of little things but I kept calm (mostly because my boyfriend was messaging me to calm down) and also because I decided to keep busy and keep my mind off of it all. Keeping busy always seems to do the trick yes.
Well that was yesterday haha but I fell asleep before I finish writing the post. Today was actually a pretty great day. I met some cool babies (I'm on a paediatrics rotation.....I actually dislike the course but I love playing with les bebes). One little boy saw me and started to smile and tried to jump from his mommy's arms to me. I was like 'Yay!!!! He likes me! I have a fan! Lol! It's amazing how a littlecan make you feel. I even met a little baby with dextrocardia which means his heart was on the right side of the body! Cool huh? Well I think so especially because this baby was a healthy little oxen and showed no signs of illness. Yay baby!!!!
Well that was yesterday haha but I fell asleep before I finish writing the post. Today was actually a pretty great day. I met some cool babies (I'm on a paediatrics rotation.....I actually dislike the course but I love playing with les bebes). One little boy saw me and started to smile and tried to jump from his mommy's arms to me. I was like 'Yay!!!! He likes me! I have a fan! Lol! It's amazing how a littlecan make you feel. I even met a little baby with dextrocardia which means his heart was on the right side of the body! Cool huh? Well I think so especially because this baby was a healthy little oxen and showed no signs of illness. Yay baby!!!!
Anyways that's not what I came to talk to you about. Actually what I wanted to do was to continue on the theme of goals and resolutions and speak to you all about Relationship Resolutions.
As the years have gone by, I've noticed a few things........
1. Humans are never content and always think everyone else is living a better life than they are.
2. Couples often become complacent in their relationships and end up growing apart
3. We don't spend enough time with those we think are most important to us
So I'm here to present you with a few relationship resolutions that I think would help you have better relationships not only romantically but with everyone you care about. This will be split into 2 in the form of one for you single people out there and another for you couples. I mean I love you both so I will definitely do a lil supm supm for everyone. Oh and I also plan to recommend a few books that I think are worth the read. (Just so you guys know I'm pretty interested in the thing of love and relationships, not because I'm a single hag or a happy love bird but mainly because I think everyone should have the opportunity to appreciate love and all that it has to offer. I'm an idealist I know!) That being said, I think I'll begin with my Single Appreciation Day Celebrants.
The Single Person's Relationship Manifesto:
1. Take care of you. This goes for couples too!!!
There is one person who is always constant in your life and that's you. Ensure that you spend as many hours of the day as is possible relaxing and taking care of your mind, body and spirit. Do some brain exercises, some physical exercises, go on a day trip, meditate, take an early night's rest. Do all of the above. The most important thing is that you ensure that you are well taken care of. How do you expect to attract anyone when you don't look and feel your best. And this isn't just about attracting anyone, it's about building your confidences and fuelling you greatness. When you are taking care of you, you'll be amazing at just how much better everything seems to be.
2. Work on all your relationships. This goes for couples too!!!
It's easy to forget about those people who have been a continuous presence in our lives over the years. Be they family, friends, co-workers, church members or whatever. These people tend to be in our lives a little longer than most others. Spend some time cultivating these relationships. Practice having prolonged conversations, write a thank you note to someone for a small gesture, help someone else out of a bind. It's doesn't matter what you do just work on the relationships with everyone person who is significant in your life.
3. Date outside the box
Do you notice a trend in all the men/women you've dated? Do they seem to be the same person just in a different wrapper? Well maybe you need to go against your grain and try someone new for a change. This doesn't mean to just date any old streggeh that approaches you. I mean you still need to make good relationship decisions. I'm just saying STOP CONFINING YOURSELF TO A DATING BOX. It's a big world out there kiddo so it's time to do a little exploring and who's to say you won't find just what you needed rather than what you wanted. Although it would be great if they were one and the same.
4. Learn from your successes and failures
What was the best relationship that you ever had? What was the worst you ever had? What happened in both? What did you learn about yourself? Now what will you do to improve on that? Those are the questions that we need to ask our single selves whenever we think about building new relationships. What about the successes and failures of our family and friends? What can we learn from them? These too can serve as our relationship blueprints for our respective futures. I personally think of every relationship I've had as a life lesson. I actually compiled a list once where I wrote down the name of each boyfriend I ever had and each guy I've ever dated (it's not that much so it's not a long list haha) and below each a little bit of demographics like age when we were together, how long we were together and the lessons I learnt for each was always the last thing I'd put for each relationship. For
e.g. Bf #1: Reminded me to have fun sometimes and just relax rather than get overly anxious
Bf #2: Taught me how to trust people and let them in. He helped me learn that sometimes you have to take a chance on people no matter the outcome.
Bf #3: He taught me to accept my flaws and burdens as my own and also that I should always trust my instincts. I should follow my mind and my heart and know when it's time to take care of me above all.
Bf #4: He taught me to know when I deserve better and not accept anything less. He also taught me that life deserves some kind of balance. I need to have the right mix of everything and he helped to motivate me to do stuff as I'm sure I did as well.
Bf #5: My current bf is teaching me that there are really and truly some romantics left in the world haha. And even though we both have busy lives that you should make time for those you really care about. Yay us!!!
5. Trust your gut and pay attention to red flags
And finally!!! The last resolution I think every single person should make is to pay attention to red flags. If you see a blinking stop sign in the way, hear a million and one friends say 'tun back nuh guh suh!' (Turn around and don't go that way), if your own gut is kicking and screaming 'NO!!!!!' Then you probably shouldn't be going that way. It doesn't even have to be so obvious, it can just bee a subtle inkling that you have. Trust your own instincts and pay attention to the observations of others (you don't always have to listen but just be aware) because you generally know what's best for you.
Ah gee this seems a little long and I've got a couple tutorials to do so.............until next time my loves. I'll finish the single people manifesto and do the couples manifesto another time. Then I'll reveal my own little manifesto with you all
Thanks for reading.
And please remember to vote for AS TOLD BY NELLA for BEST PERSONAL BLOG, BEST LIFESTLYE BLOG, AND BEST WRITING ON A BLOG!!!!!
Here's the link:
Jamaica Blog Awards
Much Love,
Nella
So I'm here to present you with a few relationship resolutions that I think would help you have better relationships not only romantically but with everyone you care about. This will be split into 2 in the form of one for you single people out there and another for you couples. I mean I love you both so I will definitely do a lil supm supm for everyone. Oh and I also plan to recommend a few books that I think are worth the read. (Just so you guys know I'm pretty interested in the thing of love and relationships, not because I'm a single hag or a happy love bird but mainly because I think everyone should have the opportunity to appreciate love and all that it has to offer. I'm an idealist I know!) That being said, I think I'll begin with my Single Appreciation Day Celebrants.
The Single Person's Relationship Manifesto:
1. Take care of you. This goes for couples too!!!
There is one person who is always constant in your life and that's you. Ensure that you spend as many hours of the day as is possible relaxing and taking care of your mind, body and spirit. Do some brain exercises, some physical exercises, go on a day trip, meditate, take an early night's rest. Do all of the above. The most important thing is that you ensure that you are well taken care of. How do you expect to attract anyone when you don't look and feel your best. And this isn't just about attracting anyone, it's about building your confidences and fuelling you greatness. When you are taking care of you, you'll be amazing at just how much better everything seems to be.
2. Work on all your relationships. This goes for couples too!!!
It's easy to forget about those people who have been a continuous presence in our lives over the years. Be they family, friends, co-workers, church members or whatever. These people tend to be in our lives a little longer than most others. Spend some time cultivating these relationships. Practice having prolonged conversations, write a thank you note to someone for a small gesture, help someone else out of a bind. It's doesn't matter what you do just work on the relationships with everyone person who is significant in your life.
3. Date outside the box
Do you notice a trend in all the men/women you've dated? Do they seem to be the same person just in a different wrapper? Well maybe you need to go against your grain and try someone new for a change. This doesn't mean to just date any old streggeh that approaches you. I mean you still need to make good relationship decisions. I'm just saying STOP CONFINING YOURSELF TO A DATING BOX. It's a big world out there kiddo so it's time to do a little exploring and who's to say you won't find just what you needed rather than what you wanted. Although it would be great if they were one and the same.
4. Learn from your successes and failures
What was the best relationship that you ever had? What was the worst you ever had? What happened in both? What did you learn about yourself? Now what will you do to improve on that? Those are the questions that we need to ask our single selves whenever we think about building new relationships. What about the successes and failures of our family and friends? What can we learn from them? These too can serve as our relationship blueprints for our respective futures. I personally think of every relationship I've had as a life lesson. I actually compiled a list once where I wrote down the name of each boyfriend I ever had and each guy I've ever dated (it's not that much so it's not a long list haha) and below each a little bit of demographics like age when we were together, how long we were together and the lessons I learnt for each was always the last thing I'd put for each relationship. For
e.g. Bf #1: Reminded me to have fun sometimes and just relax rather than get overly anxious
Bf #2: Taught me how to trust people and let them in. He helped me learn that sometimes you have to take a chance on people no matter the outcome.
Bf #3: He taught me to accept my flaws and burdens as my own and also that I should always trust my instincts. I should follow my mind and my heart and know when it's time to take care of me above all.
Bf #4: He taught me to know when I deserve better and not accept anything less. He also taught me that life deserves some kind of balance. I need to have the right mix of everything and he helped to motivate me to do stuff as I'm sure I did as well.
Bf #5: My current bf is teaching me that there are really and truly some romantics left in the world haha. And even though we both have busy lives that you should make time for those you really care about. Yay us!!!
5. Trust your gut and pay attention to red flags
And finally!!! The last resolution I think every single person should make is to pay attention to red flags. If you see a blinking stop sign in the way, hear a million and one friends say 'tun back nuh guh suh!' (Turn around and don't go that way), if your own gut is kicking and screaming 'NO!!!!!' Then you probably shouldn't be going that way. It doesn't even have to be so obvious, it can just bee a subtle inkling that you have. Trust your own instincts and pay attention to the observations of others (you don't always have to listen but just be aware) because you generally know what's best for you.
Ah gee this seems a little long and I've got a couple tutorials to do so.............until next time my loves. I'll finish the single people manifesto and do the couples manifesto another time. Then I'll reveal my own little manifesto with you all
Thanks for reading.
And please remember to vote for AS TOLD BY NELLA for BEST PERSONAL BLOG, BEST LIFESTLYE BLOG, AND BEST WRITING ON A BLOG!!!!!
Here's the link:
Jamaica Blog Awards
Much Love,
Nella





No comments:
Post a Comment