About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
A fun-loving, fun-sized, fun-tastic Jamaican girl with a great love for writing, dancing, baking, photography, fashion and the world. Freelance writer, editor, organizer and literary guide. For more info contact: nellablogs25@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Google Ad On

free counters

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December Goals Recap


Hey dolls and dudes, 

December is officially over!!!! Welcome to 2013 baby. Last year, I made a few goals to accomplish for the month of December and in preparation for this year. Right now I'm back in school. Yes I know! Already!!!! *sigh* It's also already becoming cumbersome *double sigh*. But that's for another day. Though I will share with you that I had a pretty good time today. I went on a few home visits to visit some new mothers as a part of my paediatrics rotation. I even examined a few babies *yay me*. I truly appreciate this aspect of medicine. I love it really. But................ let's proceed. Here's a recap of my December 2012 goals and a little about my progress with each.


Personal Goals:


1. Increase overall productivity and reduce procrastination. Sadly, I'm a huge time-waster. I will know I have something to do but I will do everything under God's sun before I accomplish my daily tasks. This December   I will hopefully make my list, check it twice and strike things off one goal at a time. *fingers crossed* -
SCORE!!!!!!!! I totally owned this goal! Woot!

2. Read 'The four hour workweek'. I have been seriously putting off reading this book for a while. I've started it a few times and actually have read half of the book but I keep procrastinating the end. This month it  shall be completed. \o/ -
Sign, sealed and delivered. I've finally completed this book after months and I've started reading the 50 shades of grey trilogy. Yes I know, one year later.

3. Declutter December. My room is an explosion of stuff that I don't use and need to get rid of. December seems like a perfect time to do so. Look out for my online garage sale as I try to sell some of these off. They are actually in fairly good condition, never or rarely used. Please purchase something. You get them for great prices and if you're in Kingston I can deliver! -
I'm happy to say I've made progress in this area. I still have some way to go but I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff. 

4. Have some much needed and well-deserved fun time and R&R. It's a holiday season afterall and I've had a long school year. It's definitely time for me to have a break. Go to the beach (a choice thanks to Jamaica's yearlong sun :D), go to a restaurant, road trip woo woo, or any other fun social outing with my friends and family. Fun is definitely needed and the time shall be enjoyed. (side note: I'll miss PB and Keeves when they're gone for Christmas :( but they'll be back soon I know it woot!) -
Did them ALL!!!! Beach- Yes! Restaurant- Yes! Road trip- Yes! Yes! Fun outings with family and friends- Oh Yeah!!! And Keeves is back! Yay!!! Though still no PB :(

Academic Goal:


5. Keep pace with current courses and complete all group work. As mentioned before, I'm on a pretty stress-free rotation right now but there is still a lot of work to be done. Especially, group work. Yikes! No need to fall behind because exams come in the blink of an eye. Trust me! -
Donezo!!! Now to get ready for the new year and new rotation. Let's get 'em!!!

Financial Goals:


6. Complete the 52 week challenge. Do you remember the challenge I started at the beginning of the year? Well guess what I'm still on it with only 4 weeks left to complete. Whee!!! I am quite proud of myself for that one and can't wait to accomplish my long-standing goal. Yay! -
Did it!!! I didn't think I would make it but I did and I'm truly proud of myself!!!

7. Read financial articles and become more finance savvy. One of my life goals is to be a Philanthropist  and to have exceptional money management skills. So I keep trying to nurture my financial education with personal finance blogs and online articles. So far, so good. -
Done!!! I'm still reading and still learning. My goal for this year is to learn more about investing and start learning about the stock market. 

8. Find ways to generate supplementary income. If you have a job for me, link me. I really want to find ways to help support my lifestyle more. I'm quite ambitious and that is quite expensive. Lol! Either way I think it's important that I gain additional income. Any ideas? Jobs? Plans? Message me. Comment. It's truly appreciated. -
Sigh! Nothing yet! But I'm definitely still on the hunt!

Spiritual Goals:


9. Meditate for 5 minutes daily. A great way to clear your mind and nurture your spirit. Meditation calms and relaxes me. And it also is a good way to reset my mind and refocus my energies. Trust me it works wonders for you. -
My mind is calm, clear and collected. I am spiritually aligned. Meditation does great things for me.

10. Write daily gratitude list. Research says the hallmark of happy people is that they are thankful. I want to be happy so I tried it. It really works for me. It's quite easy to forget how lucky we are in life so I've just tried to remind myself-
I wrote this for most days but not all so it was more half done. 

Health and Fitness Goals:


11. Get hepatitis B shots. I just have to say that it's been 3 years since I should've gotten these shots and all now. It's time! See how my procrastination has taken over my life. It needs to be gone! -
Still not done yet! Ha! Let's try for this month!

12. Practice healthy cooking. Well 'tis the season to be jolly but it doesn't mean I can't also be healthy. I really don't want tot overeat or wallow in unhealthy food and then making New Year's resolutions to lose weight. I find it counter-productive so I'll be trying to cook as healthy as possible and control my eating habits as best as I can. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. -
Ha!!!! Epic fail! It was Christmas so the food did tun up til it buck (there was a lot of good food available) and it was really hard not to partake in the festivities. Better luck this year.


Well that's it folks. 12 Goals for December. There were some winners and some losses but I never stop trying to do my best and get it all done. January goals coming soon. What are your goals? 




Much Love, 

Nella Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment