About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
A fun-loving, fun-sized, fun-tastic Jamaican girl with a great love for writing, dancing, baking, photography, fashion and the world. Freelance writer, editor, organizer and literary guide. For more info contact: nellablogs25@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Google Ad On

free counters

Friday, December 28, 2012

Slow Dance

I finally completed reading The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss. Oh yeah another December goal completed. The main focus of the book is to enlighten others about the possible of living like the nouveau-riche rather being stuck in the perpetual rat race and ultimate retirement. Though, I won't share the details of the book with you (I assure you that it's a good read and you should definitely check it out), I do want to share with you a little tidbit that I saw in the book. It's an email the author received from a terminally-ill girl in a New York hospital and he thought it fit to share it in his book and I want to share it with you. It's called Slow Dance. I absolutely love reflective reminders. They seem to nudge me in the direction that rekindles my spark and re-energizes my life. I'm actually thinking of printing it out and placing it somewhere on my wall to remind me about experiencing life rather than just being the living dead. To explore life, rather living on just an uncharted page. And to just appreciate it all more.

SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watched kids

On a merry-go-round?

Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night? 

You better slow down. 
Don't dance too fast.

Time is short. 
The music won't last. 

Do you run through each day
On the fly? 

When you ask: How are you? 
Do you hear the reply? 

When the day is done,
do you lie in your bed

With the next hundred chores 
Running through your head? 

You'd better slow down
Don't dance too fast. 

Time is short.
The music won't last. 

Ever told your child 
We'll do it tomorrow? 

And in your haste, Not 
see his sorrow? 

Ever lost touch, 
Let a good friendship die, 

Cause you never had time, 
To call and say "Hi"? 

You'd better slow down. 
Don't dance so fast. 

Time is short. 
The music won't last. 

When you run so fast to get somewhere, 
You miss half the fun of getting there. 

When you worry and hurry through your day, 
It is like an unopened gift thrown away.

Life is not a race. 
Do take it slower. 

Hear the music, 
Before the song is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment