About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
A fun-loving, fun-sized, fun-tastic Jamaican girl with a great love for writing, dancing, baking, photography, fashion and the world. Freelance writer, editor, organizer and literary guide. For more info contact: nellablogs25@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Google Ad On

free counters

Monday, December 24, 2012

52 week financial challenge update



At the beginning of the year I invited you all to participate in the 52 week financial challenge with me. Well guess what week we're in?.............Yep you got it. Week 52. This is the final week of the challenge and I'm proud to announce that I've completed the challenge!!!! YaY!!!! *throws confetti* I'm really proud of myself for accomplishing this feat and trust me it was hard. It took a lot of discipline especially towards the end of the challenge when all kinds of experiences were enticing to me. For me, everything was easy until around week 26. At that point a significant portion of my weekly income (i.e. my lunch money provided by my parents) had to be funneled into this challenge. It took a whole lot to actually get everything done. I felt a bit restricted from what I could do if I had utilised the money otherwise. But that's why it's called a challenge eh? If it were easy then we'd all be doing it. 

Overall, it was what I'd call a rewarding experience. I felt the joy of actually doing what I set out to do and seeing the results. It reminded me that sometimes you need more than just instant gratification to feel good, other times you need the pleasure of achieving a major goal or dream to fuel and propel you further into the life you've meant to have.

So what will I do with the money you may ask? This is actually going into a savings account to finance an even bigger dream of mine. A personal graduation present for my 2015 medical school achievement of my MBBS degree. It will become part of a fund to finance my Eurotrip 2015 : D. I think I will enjoy the money more as an experience rather than splurging on a single item or a series of items. I WILL DEFINITELY APPRECIATE THE TRIP MORE!!!!

And what of next year? I don't think I'll be doing the 52 week challenge next year but rather attempt another challenge I've concocted called the 365 Challenge. I think the 365 Challenge will give me more personal freedom and make it a little easier to do the challenge since it will be an automated savings deduction. So how does the challenge go may you ask? It's simple! I will save J $200 a day for 365 days. See not that bad. And it works out better because rather than struggling towards the end I would have created a steady habit throughout the year. I think the biggest challenge would be getting started on New Years Day and trying to continuously getting the J $200 on days when I won't always have any money but I think with my plan of automatically deducting from my weekly income (lunch money) then I should be fine.

How many of you did the challenge with me? Did you complete it? If not, where did you stop? What were your experiences with the challenge? Ready to try this one? I would love to see your comments and I promise to get back to you.


Much Love,

Nella  

The 52 week financial challenge results: 
WeekDepositAdd'l wksTotalCompleted
1$50$50yes
2$100$50$150yes
3$150$150$300yes
4$200$300$500yes
5$250$500$750yes
6$300$750$1,050yes
7$350$1,050$1,400yes
8$400$1,400$1,800yes
9$450$1,800$2,250yes
10$500$2,250$2,750yes
11$550$2,750$3,300yes
12$600$3,300$3,900yes
13$650$3,900$4,550yes
14$700$4,550$5,250yes
15$750$5,250$6,000yes
16$800$6,000$6,800yes
17$850$6,800$7,650yes
18$900$7,650$8,550yes
19$950$8,550$9,500yes
20$1,000$9,500$10,500yes
21$1,050$10,500$11,550yes
22$1,100$11,550$12,650yes
23$1,150$12,650$13,800yes
24$1,200$13,800$15,000yes
25$1,250$15,000$16,250yes
26$1,300$16,250$17,550yes
27$1,350$17,550$18,900yes
28$1,400$18,900$20,300yes
29$1,450$20,300$21,750yes
30$1,500$21,750$23,250yes
31$1,550$23,250$24,800yes
32$1,600$24,800$26,400yes
33$1,650$26,400$28,050yes
34$1,700$28,050$29,750yes
35$1,750$29,750$31,500yes
36$1,800$31,500$33,300yes
37$1,850$33,300$35,150yes
38$1,900$35,150$37,050yes
39$1,950$37,050$39,000yes
40$2,000$39,000$41,000yes
41$2,050$41,000$43,050yes
42$2,100$43,050$45,150yes
43$2,150$45,150$47,300yes
44$2,200$47,300$49,500yes
45$2,250$49,500$51,750yes
46$2,300$51,750$54,050yes
47$2,350$54,050$56,400yes
48$2,400$56,400$58,800yes
49$2,450$58,800$61,250yes
50$2,500$61,250$63,750yes
51$2,550$63,750$66,300yes
52$2,600$66,300$68,900yes

No comments:

Post a Comment