About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
A fun-loving, fun-sized, fun-tastic Jamaican girl with a great love for writing, dancing, baking, photography, fashion and the world. Freelance writer, editor, organizer and literary guide. For more info contact: nellablogs25@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Google Ad On

free counters

Monday, December 31, 2012

Confessions of a Lonely Hearter- Letting go of the past and looking towards the future.


Greetings and salutations dudes and dolls,

I'm currently engrossed in the Fifty Shades of Grey book that's been a hot commodity this year. I know I know I'm a bit behind but it was not high on my reading list. I mean I've had the entire ebook series on my tabby since May and I even have the have the hardcopy since mommy got them and I still hadn't touched it yet. I could say blame med school but really my social reading habits haven't changed I just chose to read the Hunger Games series (3 books), Twighlight series (4 books), Act like a lady, think like a man, How to Influence people, Blaze and The 4-Hour Work Week before I read this book. That's all. Man I read a lot of books this year. In my opinion, so far Christian Grey seems like a not so hot Mr. Darcy to me but I'll continue to read and see what all the noise is about.

Anyhoo, enough about that and on to the true reason for this post. On my reflection, I've identified my strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and flaws. Things I can improve and things I can build on. It's the best way to achieve growth. I may not be a resolutions girl but if you don't make any progress in your year then you're just swimming in quicksand really. So what are my amazing plans you ask? Well they are divided into the aspects of my life. From health and fitness to relationships to finances and well you get the drift. 

I truly want 2013 to be an amazing year and as a matter of fact it will be because I said so. Laws of attraction plus the momentum to make it work baby. I want to make at least J$10, 000 in side income this year from doing whatever I can. This may not seem like a lot since our Jamaican dollar seems to devalue by the minute but I really want to start small and use my financial muscles to see what I can come up with, especially since I am a full-time medical student. I also want to learn more about investing and play around with my investment options a little more and hopefully make some money!!! Academically, I'm pacing myself. I want to progressively improve my grades until I'm getting straight A's. Many before me have done it so I can do it as well. Just watch me. Relationship-wise, I want to grow in my current relationship and allow it to reach its full potential. I want a truly meaningful relationship with this great guy. Spiritually, I desire to build a closer relationship with God and strengthen my faith. i hope to do what I call my Spiritual 15 and make it a habit. This involves meditation, prayer, writing my gratitude list, reading my bible and saying my affirmations every morning for 15 minutes each morning. Get my day started with spiritual wellness and mental wellness. Health and fitness-wise. I will take care of my body and nurture it in the best way possible. I will make healthy living apart of my lifestyle and I will ensure that I take care of all my body's needs. And lastly, I want to grow my blog. Grow and strengthen it's content, grow my followership and readership, improve my writing skills and most of all, be an amazing blogger overall. As a matter of a fact, all of the things that I stated as wants above are really wills. I will do all of the above stated. Because I said so. I know that I can accomplish all my goals in life.

All in all, 2012 was a roller-coaster ride but a truly successful year and 2013 looks even more amazing with all its promises. Here's my recipe:

4 cups of A's in school
10 tbsp of financial growth and success
20 lbs of excess weight gone.....bye bye
6 ounces of spiritual growth
8 tsp of an excellent blog
1 wonderful relationship
4 amazing new adventures
100% spiritual, physical, mental, academic, financial and social growth and success

Sounds quite YUMMY!!!!

Let's make it happen. 2013 here we come.

Finally, I would just like to say Thank You. Thanks so much for stopping by, reading, following or even just nominating me for the Jamaica blog awards. I truly appreciate the support and would love it to continue into the new year. I also would like you to hit me up and tell me what you would like to see in 2013. Drop a comment and give me some ideas. Thanks much again. *hugs and kisses*


Much Love,

Nella

No comments:

Post a Comment