About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
A fun-loving, fun-sized, fun-tastic Jamaican girl with a great love for writing, dancing, baking, photography, fashion and the world. Freelance writer, editor, organizer and literary guide. For more info contact: nellablogs25@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Google Ad On

free counters

Friday, December 21, 2012

Figuring it out as I go along

This isn't a true confession as those that I normally write on Sundays but rather an introspection into my life, my purpose, my true desires, finding my path and figuring out who I am destined to be and stop living in the moment of who I used to be.

I'm not sure how many persons believe that today would be the end of the world and hey it might just be but since it's December 22nd in the Eastern parts of the world already, I think we may be safe. However, I began to think "what if?". "What if today really was the end of the world?" Would I be happy with how I've left it? And the answer is more than likely a resounding 'No'. I am happy for the blessings that I do have in my life. I'm happy for my family, friends, a wonderful relationship, for pursuing my dream career and so many other great achievements that I've slowly but surely accomplished in my life. 

But I believe the reason why I would still be dissatisfied with my life is that I'm still figuring out who I am and what my purpose is. I'm on a journey and each series of events is a new story to tell future generations. I continuously seek out my passions, acknowledge my vices and making up the in between as I go along. 

Life is a journey. A book. An adventure. And I'm slowly trying to recapture my flailing spirit. Overcoming the  feelings of lacking and boredom. Reuniting with the zany, random, spirited and fun young woman I once was.  I've lost some of my gumption on the way but I'm still fighting for the right to shine forth into the light.

In this journey, all we have are our dreams, goals, freedom of pursuit and happiness. Be thankful for what you have but still not satisfied until you reach your ultimate self in life. 

Enjoy the journey :)


Much Love,

Nella

No comments:

Post a Comment