So the show The Biggest Loser on NBC started its new season
tonight. The Biggest Loser Couples. Awesome!!!! This season is focus mainly on obese family members on the quest for weight loss success and they always look great at the end. There was a twist at the beginning however where 5 teams had the option of choosing the unknown and those persons get 4 weeks immunity as well. While the other 11 teams remain on the ranch and train with the weight loss trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels.
Now this show has always been my inspiration for my weight
loss goals and dreams and has really help me keep fit throughout out the past
difficult year of 2010. I must admit however that every year I look at the show and I wonder how do
persons allow themselves to reach that magnitude? It always baffles me. I mean
I know life is hard and I understand time management may be an issue in your
life. I mean the past year (well the later part like around October) was
difficult to maintain my earlier fitness revolution and head to the gym but I tried to balance the
missed gym dates and aerobics classes with proper eating and relatively good
nutrition (RELATIVELY). Now I’m not bashing these people because it takes guts to try and
turn your life around at that stage, I’m just trying to speak to those of us
who have not reached as far and to motivate those who have to try and do better
and try to find some time to get healthier. It's not just about the media's idea of beauty and fashion, it's about your health and wellness. Your longevity, your family, your friends and most importantly your life. Your body is a temple and you should treat it as such. And as for me, I’m still on my get fit
journey and I think I will start a weekly log on Tuesdays when the show airs. I’ll
show my weigh ins (not like how they do it on the show, I'll take a pick of my scale or make a small video of me stepping on the scale and seeing my current weight but that's where I draw the line) and I may even do a video log about how I feel after each weigh in. 2011 is mine! My time to shine! So
with proper nutrition, exercise and a health state of mind I hope to be a fitter me than before. That’s
my ultimate health goal, TO BE FIT, NOT FAT! It’s too easy to put a number value on your life and weight, and
forget the other aspects of health (like mental wellness, social wellness, emotional wellness etc.). That’s why FITNESS and HEALTH is my goal ALWAYS. Happy days to you all
and thank you for reading my ramblings, Enjoy the rest of your day.
Now this show has always been my inspiration for my weight
loss goals and dreams and has really help me keep fit throughout out the past
difficult year of 2010. I must admit however that every year I look at the show and I wonder how do
persons allow themselves to reach that magnitude? It always baffles me. I mean
I know life is hard and I understand time management may be an issue in your
life. I mean the past year (well the later part like around October) was
difficult to maintain my earlier fitness revolution and head to the gym but I tried to balance the
missed gym dates and aerobics classes with proper eating and relatively good
nutrition (RELATIVELY). Now I’m not bashing these people because it takes guts to try and
turn your life around at that stage, I’m just trying to speak to those of us
who have not reached as far and to motivate those who have to try and do better
and try to find some time to get healthier. It's not just about the media's idea of beauty and fashion, it's about your health and wellness. Your longevity, your family, your friends and most importantly your life. Your body is a temple and you should treat it as such. And as for me, I’m still on my get fit
journey and I think I will start a weekly log on Tuesdays when the show airs. I’ll
show my weigh ins (not like how they do it on the show, I'll take a pick of my scale or make a small video of me stepping on the scale and seeing my current weight but that's where I draw the line) and I may even do a video log about how I feel after each weigh in. 2011 is mine! My time to shine! So
with proper nutrition, exercise and a health state of mind I hope to be a fitter me than before. That’s
my ultimate health goal, TO BE FIT, NOT FAT! It’s too easy to put a number value on your life and weight, and
forget the other aspects of health (like mental wellness, social wellness, emotional wellness etc.). That’s why FITNESS and HEALTH is my goal ALWAYS. Happy days to you all
and thank you for reading my ramblings, Enjoy the rest of your day.
~Nella~
The Hostess with the Mostest-Alison Sweeny ('Sammie' from 'Days of Our Lives')
For those of you who are not familiar with the show, here's the link:The Biggest Loser







No comments:
Post a Comment