About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
A fun-loving, fun-sized, fun-tastic Jamaican girl with a great love for writing, dancing, baking, photography, fashion and the world. Freelance writer, editor, organizer and literary guide. For more info contact: nellablogs25@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Google Ad On

free counters

Friday, January 21, 2011

Aspirin Acne Buster!!!


                       

Heylo lovely followers! Welcome visitors! Thank you for stopping by my little blog here. If you haven’t started following already, I am asking you to please click the follow button and follow my blog. Please and thank you!!! Also, be a dear and leave a comment or two! Thank you loves!

So today I am going to introduce a new feature to the blog focusing on beauty and fashion. This section will discuss trends and give you tips, reviews and hopefully some interviews with some of the leading fashionistas and beauty experts from off the street, with renowned fame and just about anywhere I find them. Sounds exciting? Yes I Know!!!! So without further ado………….Here goes the first post. This is a little beauty tip I picked up from one of my favourite bloggers Shelly-Ann Chung! I’ll call this a Shelly tip! J Check out her blog: Click Here




Sooo who in the entire universe does not hate acne??? I know I for sure I do, and when those annoying breakouts come on you'll be looking high and low for anything that will get rid of it. Never fear gals! There is a mask that you can use to help sooth breakouts and help them to heal faster. I personally use this mask and it really does help. :)

So what is this mask made out of really? You'll be surprised but all it boils down to is a mixture of uncoated aspirin (yes the pills that you sometimes take for headaches) and good ol' honey. Aspirin helps to reduce inflation of pimples and it also decreases the sebum production, thus aiding in the healing of acne. This mask is most definitely a good exfoliator when you rinse it off after, your skin will feel soooo smooth!

WARNING: If you are allergic to aspirin please do not use this mask. Be sure to test a bit on your arm before slathering it on your face. 

                     
Here's how to make it and how to use it:

Ingredients:

3 or 4 uncoated aspirin tablets (make sure it is not coated as it will take forever to dissolve)
2 or 3 small drops of water
1 tablespoon honey

How to Use:

Get a little dish and place the uncoated aspirin in it and put about 2 or 3 small drops of water on the tablets. Just enough so that they can dissolve, but not too much that it becomes too watery (you can just dip your finger in water and let the drops slide off your finger unto the tablets). Wait about 5 mins. and gently press the tablets with your finger so it's all mushy and dissolved into grains. Pour 1 tablespoon of honey onto the dissolved grainy remains of the tablets and mix with your finger into a paste. Apply the paste unto your entire face (yeah it will feel very sticky and run a bit) and wait about 15 mins. Afterwards gently use some lukewarm water to wash it off. When washing off the mask rub your face gently in circular motions to exfoliate. Afterwards you can use a moisturizer to prevent your face from drying out too much. There you go! Allll donneee.

You can use this mask about once every other day if your skin is not very sensitive or you can use it twice a week.

So thanks again to Shelly-Ann for this amazing tip that I took from your blog and remember you can check out her blog: Click Here

This has been a Homemade Beauty Tip of the Week! Thanks for reading!


Comment, Suggestions and Feedback is welcomed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment