About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
A fun-loving, fun-sized, fun-tastic Jamaican girl with a great love for writing, dancing, baking, photography, fashion and the world. Freelance writer, editor, organizer and literary guide. For more info contact: nellablogs25@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Google Ad On

free counters

Friday, March 1, 2013

Misadventures of Nella: Nella Runs Sigma

Goodnight Loves,

The Misadventues of Nella is my newest feature and photo journal. It chronicles my adventures through and around Jamaica, the Caribbean and world as I seek to conquer each one at a time. A lover of travel and new adventures, I plan to share my experiences, give my views and reviews on my different outings. Hope you enjoy! :D

On February 17th of this year Sagicor Life Jamaica Ltd hosted its annual Sigma 5.5 k Run in aid of Bustamante Hospital for Children, Jamaica National Children's Home and Best Care Lodge Children's Home. Now in its 15th year, the Sagicor Sigma Run is an event that promotes charitable contributions through fun, fitness and competition. At 7:30 am approximately 20,501 runners, walkers and wheelchair participants from respective companies, groups and individuals set off in the race of endurance, speed and fitness. And guess who was one of them? Hmmm....... I wonder. 

Lol! Yep I was there. This was my 3rd time participating in the event and every year my challenge is to beat my previous record and I always do. This year, I entered the running section and my overall time for completing the race was 48:21 and considering I walked half of it, I think I did a pretty good job too. Yay me!!!! Now for the pictures.

If you want to know some more about what happened, here's a little more information on the event: Link Link 2

Aww it's me :)

Little sister and I


My dad and sister
My friend Paul and I before the race began. Pre-race all smiles.


Ali

Yanique and I. Post-race fatigue! 

Marc and Marlon


Thabo, Gio and Ashley



 








Plus we had the added pleasure of some entertainment in the form of a flash mob starring these wonderful children and teenagers. I even added 2 videos at the end. Enjoy :D

















Much Love my darlings,

Nella

No comments:

Post a Comment