Anyways aside from my ramblings, let's talk goals. I realize that I hadn't mentioned any January goals here this time around and probably because I hadn't finish making them. I had been so busy making my yearly goals and resolutions that I totally forgot to conclude my January goals. No matter though, so far everything is going great and right on track for the year. The only I've realized is that I've let my health go and I really need to start taking better care of my entire being. I will stop neglecting myself and spend a little more 'ME' time just making sure all things are a go. That being said I need to set a Dr.'s appointment to get a check up because I haven't had one in a while and I need to take my diet and exercise a bit more serious. I eat just enough to maintain my weight or gain a little without going beyond a certain point but it's time to get back to normal and proper nutrition and exercise are the keys to that future. Other than that, all systems are a go and I'm ready for the new Fit, Fabulous and Focused February.
My February Goals are as follows:
Academics:
1. Set Clear Achievable Goals- I recently started a new medical rotation (last week) which means a new challenges is afoot. It's the last rotation of my Junior clerkship and so far I've been on point with my work. However, it's so easy to lose track of things so I need set goals to keep me in check and remind me of where I need to be. I realized in high school how I would know where I had the most difficult and able to retain more information was through the frequent homework, classwork and tests. I no longer have that in medicine and I think that was a stumbling block for me. But now I'm learning to manage it all better and I am positive of favourable outcomes.
2. Keep pace with the course- Trust me I've wasted a lot of time playing catch up when I should've just kept up. It's much harder to learn a crap load of things that it would be to learn one new thing a time. Therefore, beginning with the end in mind and reminding myself that time flies like crazy, I need to ensure that I'm keeping up because man it will be hard to catch up at this point.
3. Create and maintain a study schedule- This ties in with the other goals I've set above. The best way to keep up with the course is to have a plan, set clear and achievable goals and incorporate it all into a study schedule. This way I'll stay organize and never skip a beat. It's better to overshoot and hit the right mark than undershoot and fall short of your goals. I won't fall victim to foolishness.
Health and Fitness:
1. Drink 6 glasses of water daily- I've done this before and I never realized how hard it is to drink 6 glasses of water per day. As in it's really hard and you have to always be heading to the bathroom to pee. But I think I need to do it and keep hydrated. Plus it's a great way to get rid of extra toxins and since I'll be upping my workouts from zero to at least 3 per week I'll need the extra water.
2. Exercise 30 mins daily- Time to get off my lazy but and move. Doing 30 mins per day is actually a minimal part of my day not even 5% so I can definitely do it. It's time to get things done and stop making sorry lazy-ass excuses. Plus it's soca season and almost summer no one wants unsexiness staring at them in the mirror. Shedding the fat!!!
3. Create meal plans and eat healthy- My diet needs a serious makeover!!!! So I intend to plan my meals and follow it through. I'll know exactly what's going into my body, how much and the nutritional value for each. Plus it my save me some money. :D
Financial:
1. 365 Challenge for the month- As mentioned before I have a 365 challenge going on where I save $200 a day towards something big :) I'll keep doing that for the month.
2. No Spend Month- I have a fixed budget this month and I don't plan on going beyond it. This no spend month means I on't spend on anything beyond the necessities and things that I've incorporated into my budget. Don't worry I budget for my entertainment and trips so I won't be a total hum bug this month.
3. Side income- In keeping for my side hustle goal. I need to incorporate some more areas of revenue and generate some additional income. Let's get it going!!!!
Personal:
1. Declutter Challenge- It's time for another declutter month. In December I did it and got rid of 24/31 items. This month I want to get rid of all 28 items. Where to start? Hmmm............
2. Read 1 non-academic book- I love reading so to read socially as I call it is something I always try to do. Words enhance my vocabulary, spark my imagination, influence my writing style and inspire new ideas that weren't previously present. I like that and will forever make it a challenge
3. Entertainment- With all the events of the month, I plan to find some free inexpensive and amazing ways to keep myself and my parees entertained. Just have a little fun and to destress.
Blog:
1. At least 2 Guest Posts- I love guest posting. It's a great way to spread my wings and introduce new readers to my style of work. I plan to do as many guest posts as possible but let's start with 2 for the month for now
2. More readers and followers- Who doesn't want more people reading and following their work. It inspires and motivates us to keep moving forward. So I aim to attract more persons to my blog.





lol we architecture students get that a lot as well! They think we are zombies heheh .... All the best with your goals you've set. Sound like very good habits to adopt!
ReplyDeleteLol!!! I can imagine. Because we don't lead ordinary lives everyone thinks we can't have some down time too. tsk tsk. Thanks a lot. It's what helps to keep me sane and balanced.
Delete