About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
A fun-loving, fun-sized, fun-tastic Jamaican girl with a great love for writing, dancing, baking, photography, fashion and the world. Freelance writer, editor, organizer and literary guide. For more info contact: nellablogs25@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Google Ad On

free counters

Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekly Inspiration-World Cancer Day

Hi my darlings,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. If you're not then stop for a moment take a deep breath and begin again with a smile on your face. This week my inspiration comes from a global event happening today. February 4th has been labelled WORLD CANCER DAY. And in honour of such a day, I've decided to dedicate this week's inspiration board to the event and finding the cure.


Here's a little information about the event. 

Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide and accounted for 7.6 million deaths (around 13% of all deaths) in 2008. World Cancer Day is marked on February 4 to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection, and treatment. World Cancer Day was founded by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) to support the goals of the World Cancer Declaration, written in 2008. The primary goal of the World Cancer Day is to significantly reduce death and illness caused by cancer by 2020.


This year, World Cancer Day 2013 will focus on Target 5 of  the World Cancer Declaration: Dispel damaging myths and misconceptions about cancer, under the tagline "Cancer Did you know?" It's a day and a chance to raise our collective voices in the name of improving general knowledge around cancer and dismissing misconceptions about the disease. From a global level, we will be focusing our messaging on the four myths above. In addition to being in-line with our global advocacy goals, we believe these overarching myths leave a lot of flexibility for members, partners and supporters to adapt and expand on for their own needs.- www.worldcancerday.org


This day is especially significant to me as I am someone who lost both her grandfather and an older cousin to cancer, therefore I think it's important to spread the word and get the message across. So I ask you all to join me today as I celebrate and educate about this deadly illness. 












Much Love,

Nella



No comments:

Post a Comment