With every passing moment I remember,
The wretched words said,
And I reflect in despair,
On a broken heart and destroyed mind,
Slayed by the tongue.
I tried to free myself from your grasp,
From the constraint of your clasped hands,
From the poison that lingers restlessly,
On the tip of your tongue.
But still you persist,
Chasing me to all ends of the earth,
With the venom of your soul,
The suffering you brought unto me dwelling,
The whip slashing my spirit,
With every cut some truth dies,
Killed mercilessly by your tongue.
A dark whisper to one,
Evolves into a tremor that shakes up life,
And with each breath released,
It carries with it a virus,
That plagues my mind,
A parasite robbing you of truth.
I boil with deep anger,
At the person I have become,
A destructive soul,
Ruled by a force of prime evil,
Tortured by the light of darkness,
Revealing a cloak of deception,
That shadows my life,
A blissful sin that clouds me.
I try to fight it,
But the voices are triumphant,
I fade away,
In the torment of my life,
Too angry,
Too afraid,
Too tortured to tell the truth,
That it's all a lie,
It's not true,
It's only a rumor,
But it continues to spread,
The words spilt in the brief moment of time,
The rumors that destroy the soul.





No comments:
Post a Comment