Resting my beautiful eyes for a new reality
Where despair can no longer reach me
Past the pinnacle of REM
Approaching the deep slumber
Time and space frozen
As I weep of a broken dream
Cry solid tears of disappointment
Crystals of an aching heart
As I weep of a broken dream
Cry solid tears of disappointment
Crystals of an aching heart
I've spent many a nights like this
Lost in the entanglement of my own thoughts
Trapped in the soliloquy of my heart
The silent plea of the crushed
Lost in the entanglement of my own thoughts
Trapped in the soliloquy of my heart
The silent plea of the crushed
Spent I am
Drained I've become
No longer can I control the ice the invades me
Nor cool the fire the engulfs me
Drained I've become
No longer can I control the ice the invades me
Nor cool the fire the engulfs me
My spirit broken
Broken in my woven skin
Wounded by time's reality
A blister beyond repair
Broken in my woven skin
Wounded by time's reality
A blister beyond repair
How shall I escape?
To where can I flee?
Where's the cobblestone to freedom?
That was built on the backs of the innocent
To where can I flee?
Where's the cobblestone to freedom?
That was built on the backs of the innocent
Scream
Shout
Bawl
All in accordance with my grief
All in correspondence with my pain
Shout
Bawl
All in accordance with my grief
All in correspondence with my pain
Press on I must
Push forth I can
For the mind is my best weapon
And mental defeat is the end of a fallen dream
Push forth I can
For the mind is my best weapon
And mental defeat is the end of a fallen dream
Much Love,
Nella
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from LIME.










No comments:
Post a Comment