About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
A fun-loving, fun-sized, fun-tastic Jamaican girl with a great love for writing, dancing, baking, photography, fashion and the world. Freelance writer, editor, organizer and literary guide. For more info contact: nellablogs25@gmail.com

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Google Ad On

free counters

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Exchange

By: Dale Copeland




















 The need for your body against mine
Sends my nerves on a rollercoaster ride
Wild are now the thoughts I call my own
Jumping fictional scenes that my heart bestowed
 The ultimatum...Your soft texture beneath my rough
 Your heart between my fingers
If you hand it over, Ill never let it go
 Thy love and my love would mingle
Think of the beauty they would make
Think of...me stopping rain
 Rain that may plague you one day 
Solid is your heart Sharp is its defense
Possessing blades sharp enough to cut down the brave
But, lax in thy defense today...
For a new defense is here to aid 
I am not here to conquer
 I am here to claim,
To exchange fruits of love

To bring pleasure, not pain



I love this poem that my friend wrote! He's a great poet, don't you think? I hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I have. :-D



Much Love,

Nella





No comments:

Post a Comment